First design

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dames for Danes Rescue Organization

Ross and I didn't realize how attached we would become to Coley until we brought her home.  I feel that I am becoming that person that will wear sweaters with Great Danes stiched on them.  I am absolutely in love with the Great Dane breed.  I told Ross that I never want to have any other kind of dog.  They are such easy going, mellow dogs.  Well in my pursuit to be further educated on the Great Dane population I came across this website for Danes.  Dames for Danes offers dogs that need to be rescued a chance to find a home in the Middle or East Tennessee area.  There are several dogs that need a home that I would absolutely LOVE to bring back to our home.  Ross says that once Coley is 2 years old (currently shes 5 1/2 months old) we will start to discuss the option of bringing in another dog (a Dane if I have any say in it).  So until we can bring a dog home I am telling my friends and any person I run into about the website and how they should consider adopting a Dane.  DamesforDanes do their best to insure that the dogs are properly taken care of and find good homes so I also encourage people to Donate financially, which is available on their website.  Considering how much we love Coley and how much joy she has brought us I feel an obligation to give back to the Dane population and do what I can to sing their praises.  Check out the website and make a small donation or pass on the website to friends and encourage them to adopt!

No comments:

Post a Comment